April events at The Dancing Fish
- Book tickets now for Wild Asparagus Weekend April 15-17
- April 29-May 1: Seth Tepfer with George Paul & friends
- Second COVID booster is now available
- Volunteers’ assistance appreciated!
Book tickets now for Wild Asparagus Weekend April 15-17
Yes, Wild Asparagus Weekend is almost here. And yet, there are still places available. You and your friend can still get in!
Wild Asparagus Weekend dance schedule:
- FRIDAY evening (4/15): 7:00 pm – 10:00 pm
- SATURDAY afternoon (4/16): 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- SATURDAY evening (4/16): 7:00 pm – 10:00 pm
- SUNDAY afternoon (4/17): 12:00 pm – 3:00 pm
The wonders of Wild Asparagus never cease. Together for thirty years, their music has matured like a fine wine. This powerful ensemble brings a unique sound and dynamic energy to contra dancing weaving a spell that you wish would never end. Their creative, driving tunes keep dancers energized and inspired while George’s smooth, efficient calling makes challenging contras seem easy as pie.
Book your ticket now for George Marshall and Wild Asparagus weekend April 15-17 at The Dancing Fish.
- George Marshall, renowned for his graceful calling style, also plays concertina, bodhran and bones.
- Ann Percival delights dancers with irresistible piano and guitar rhythms and mellifluous vocals.
- David Cantieni, woodwind wizard, adds rich layers to each arrangement with flute, tin-whistle, oboe, saxophone and bombard.
- Becky Tracy graces each tune with her elegant, energetic fiddling.
- Add bodacious bass player Mark Murphy and you’ve got one Big, Bold sound.
Coming soon: Seth Tepfer with George Paul & friends
While Wild Asparagus Weekend may be the focus of interest at the moment, it is definitely not the end of our Spring 2022 season. We are just getting started. Join us and see for yourself!
April 29, 2022 – May 1, 2022 weekend will be another treat for contra dancers with Seth Tepfer calling and George Paul & friends.
Let Seth Tepfer masterfully guide you through both easy and quirky moves in rhythm to the vibrations emanating from the fingertips of master musician George Paul and friends. Only the very best contra callers and musicians are invited to perform at The Dancing Fish. So take advantage of this April splurge of contra events.
Booking is now open for April 29-May 1: Seth Tepfer with George Paul & friends
Second COVID booster is now available
We may be contra dancing again, but COVID is not going away! We ask (and expect) all dancers to keep their booster shots current. The second booster has recently been approved by the CDC. Get yours at most any Walgreens or CVS (like I did) free of charge.
The CDC recommends an additional booster shot for certain individuals to increase protection from severe disease from COVID-19. People over the age of 50, or who are moderately or severely immunocompromised, can get an additional booster of Pfizer or Moderna 4 months after their last dose. This is especially important for those 65 and older who are at higher risk from severe disease and most likely to benefit from getting an additional booster.
COVID-19 vaccines continue to protect people from getting seriously ill, being hospitalized, and even dying—especially people who have received a booster. As a measure of respect for your fellow dancers, please stay up to date with your vaccination!
Volunteers’ assistance appreciated!
Wild Asparagus Weekend is attracting many out-of-state dancers who have never before danced at The Dancing Fish. We want them to receive the same top-notch hospitality that The Dancing Fish is renowned for.
Please, won’t you consider helping out—especially 10-15 minutes before dances start. We need greeters who will show newly arriving dancers where to sign in. Water jugs need constant filling. Et cetera. Please help. Thank you!