Janine Smith and Stomp Rocket
Returning May 5-6, 2023
- Friday 7-10 pm
- Saturday 12-3 pm
- Saturday 6-9 pm
The New England trio Stomp Rocket has Glen Loper with fiddler Dave Langford (Latter Day Lizards, Les Z Boys, and Big Bandemonium) and DADGAD guitarist Bethany Waickman from Anadama. They’ve played for contras throughout New England and at dance weekends in Alaska, Tennessee, Maryland, Kentucky—and at the 2020 The Florida Snowball.
Stomp Rocket is:
- Dave Langford on fiddle;
- Glen Loper on mandolin and banjo; and
- Bethany Waickman on guitar and keyboard.
Caller for this weekend: Janine Smith
Janine Smith calls contra, square, ceilidh, and family dances mostly in the Washington, DC, area, but she shares her humorous and infectious passion for music and dance with folks from Glen Echo, MD, to Seattle, WA. Specializing in Singing Squares and in generally whoopin’ it up, Janine is known for her calm, unflappable demeanor and for her skill at knowing just which dances to teach and call, whether it’s to a room full of new and never-danced wedding guests or a group of skilled contra dancers looking for a challenge. https://youtu.be/nhXotjG3Zck
- Single dances are $15 per dance for adults. Weekend passes are $30.
- $7.50 for youth age 18-25. Weekend passes are $15. Children 17 & under accompanied by adults are free.
- This is a private residence so proof of vaccination is required for all in attendance, including spectators.
Make your Booking & Payment
- Payment portal (PayPal)
- Booking (reservation) portal
Bookings are closed for this event.