This weekend’s caller, our own Angela DeCarlis, hails from Melrose but her career as a caller reaches far afield, from as far north as Portland, Maine, as far south as Cocoa Beach, Florida, and as far west as Salt Lake City, Utah. Angela also designed and painted our distinctive Dancing Fish banner logo.
“Because I am an artist with a passion for teaching, I approach dance instruction with kindness, creativity, and ingenuity. Because I am a jazz singer, I love to incorporate musical tonality into my vocals while at the mic, resulting in a calling style immediately recognizable and lovable to dancers everywhere.”
- Everest Witman
- Kathleen Fownes
- Guillaume Sparrow-Pepin
Hailing from Scotland, Québec, and Vermont, although all originally from New England, Nova is a contra dance band that weaves the sounds of fiddle, accordion, and guitar into a rich tapestry of sound. Nova draws from both traditional repertoire and original compositions to create versatile, high energy and driving dance music.
- Friday 7-10 pm contra dance with Nova
- Saturday 12-3 pm contra dance with Nova
- Saturday 3:15-4:30 line dancing with Smooth Flava
- Saturday 6-9 pm contra dance with Nova
- Single dances are $15 per dance for adults. Weekend passes are $30.
- $7.50 for youth age 18-25. Weekend passes are $15. Children 17 & under accompanied by adults are free.
- This is a private residence so proof of vaccination is required for all in attendance, including spectators.
How to make your RSVP/booking (and your donation)
1. How to make your dance R.S.V.P. / Booking
- To make a reservation, you must first be: (1) registered and (2) logged in to your account.
- One ticket only per person (everyone makes their own booking).
- Select your booking category and send your booking reservation/RSVP.
- It will tell you “Booking successful”.
2. How to make your payment/donation:
- Under ‘Quantity’ select ‘1’ for the category that applies to you.
- Click on the ‘Buy Now’ button to pay by PayPal or credit card.
- You will be taken to the PayPal site where you will settle your transaction.
Please remember, your PayPal donation and your RSVP/reservation are different and separate. Please do BOTH!
Bookings are closed for this event.