Inisheer Irish Dancers Open House & Intro workshop
Saturday, June 18 schedule:
- 1-2 pm Sean nos (Old Style) Irish step dance
- 2-2:30 pm Break for socializing tea, Irish soda bread and other treats!
- 2:30-3:30 pm Irish Set dancing – The Connemara Reel!
Anyone may participate in one or both of the workshops. (You are our guest – No cost!)
- Stay fit and have have a blast doing it
- Suitable for all ages; no partner necessary
- Masks are optional
- Perfect for couples who dance together
The Connemara Reel is one of the most popular dances in the Irish Set Dancing repertoire. As the name suggests it hails from Connemara region of County Galway, western Ireland.
Location: 16 NW 7th Ave, Gainesville
Hey, but isn’t that the same day when Jonathan King is calling in Melrose?
Yes! The Open House is over by four pm. Enough time to freshen up and be there on the same day Saturday June 18th and arrive to The Dancing Fish in Melrose easily by 7pm and not miss a single dance. Maybe we can even carpool together!
Learn the Connemara Reel
Sean-nós step dance is characterized by its “low to the ground” footwork, improvised steps, free movement of the arms with high value placed on personal style.
- Irish sets are danced by four couples in a square, and are derived from French Quadrilles which were brought to Ireland in the nineteenth century.
- Irish dancers adapted the figures to their own music and steps to form dances with great drive and enjoyment.
- *The terms “ladies” and “gents” are used in Irish set dancing.
Inisheer Irish Dancers have been based in Gainesville, Florida since 2003 and we have a perfect BLAST performing Sean nos styles and Set dancing at festivals around North Florida.
We welcome ALL regardless of religious belief, age, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, financial means, education, and political perspective.
- Masks are welcome but not required. (Subject to change depending on COVID updates)
- Everyone who participates will get a free Inisheer Irish Dancers t-shirt!
Before you know it, you’ll be be a regular Irish dancer — with all the benefits!
Want more details? Visit us at Inisheer.dance. Or contact Piper Call hamletdance21 ‘at’ yahoo.com.