Saturday dances start at 6:00 pm!
In fact, Saturday dances at The Dancing Fish start as early as 5 pm when the barn opens to the vaccinated public. Arrive early to warm up to ambient waltz music (recorded).
- 5:00 pm: The Dancing Fish opens (proof of vaccination required)
- 5:00—6:00 pm Open waltz / Cross-step waltz lead or follow taught to recorded music (subject to band or sound engineer’s requirements)
- 6:00—9:00 pm Joe DePaolo & Katie’s Contradiction
Try to arrive early. See you there — bring a friend! We’ll be dancing to some Celtic tunes presented by Melrose’s very own contra dance quintet — Katie’s Contradiction — to the urbane voice of multi-talented caller Joe DePaolo.
Katie’s Contradiction is:
- Pete Sucsy on banjo;
- Eleta Sucsy on penny whistle;
- Tim Stevens on guitar;
- Bill Paine on mandolin; and
- Gary Zimmerman on fiddle
Arrive early — Dancing Fish opens at 5 pm!