Wild Asparagus Weekend is coming
“So when can I book for Wild Asparagus Weekend?”
The wonders of Wild Asparagus never cease. Together for 30 years, their music has matured like a fine wine. This powerful ensemble brings a unique sound and dynamic energy to contra dancing weaving a spell that you wish would never end. Their creative, driving tunes keep dancers energized and inspired while George’s smooth, efficient calling makes challenging contras seem easy as pie.
- George Marshall, renowned for his graceful calling style, also plays concertina, bodhran and bones.
- Ann Percival delights dancers with irresistible piano and guitar rhythms and mellifluous vocals.
- David Cantieni, woodwind wizard, adds rich layers to each arrangement with flute, tin-whistle, oboe, saxophone and bombard.
- Becky Tracy graces each tune with her elegant, energetic fiddling.
- Add in rhythm king Mark Hellenberg on percussion and bodacious bass player Mark Murphy and you’ve got one Big, Bold sound.
George Marshall and Wild Asparagus: April 15 – April 17, 2022
“So when can I register for Wild Asparagus Weekend 2022?”
That is the big question that is on everybody’s mind these days.
The answer is: If you are a fully vaccinated contra dancer and you want to attend WAW 2022, nothing is stopping you. All we ask is that everyone:
- First get vaccinated and register yourself with The Dancing Fish; and
- One week prior to George Marshall and Wild Asparagus weekend (like all other DF events), online booking will open. There is no ceiling on attendance. So no one will be left out in the cold.
- So don’t worry. Be happy and dance! All your questions and concerns will be answered in time.
Subscribe to The Dancing Fish Newsletter to stay informed!