Gainesville’s New Year’s Eve Contra dance postponed
NOTE: As of 12/15 the G.O.D.S. Steering Committee announced that the New Year’s Eve event is cancelled due to an upsurge of Covid and flu among the local dance community.
Celebrate the Return of the G.O.D.S.
Celebrate the long-awaited return of the Gainesville Oldtime Dance Society with a mid-afternoon contra dance on New Year’s Eve on Saturday, December 31, 14:00 – 16:30pm at Gainesville Health & Fitness.
Gainesville’s own JoLaine will be calling contra dances to the live music of Kumquats at Large.
The Kumquats at Large are:
• Bill Dudley – guitar
• Rich Crew – fiddle, recorders
• Sarah Mitchell – penny whistle, flute, hammered dulcimer, percussion
Date: Saturday, December 31, 2022 🎉 (New Year’s Eve) 🎈
Times: 2:00 – 4:30 pm
Dance Location (for this dance): Echo Pavilion (outdoor/open-air pavilion) at Gainesville Health & Fitness Main Center, 4820 W Newberry Rd, Gainesville, FL
- 01:00pm — Setup
- 02:00 – 04:30pm — Contra Dance
- 04:30 – 05:00pm — Cleanup
$10 (ages 26+)
$5 (ages 16-25)
Dancers ages 15 & under get in FREE when accompanied by an adult.
- Please bring your own non-alcoholic beverage.
- This is a friendly welcoming recreational activity and all are welcome.
- No partner or experience is necessary. Contra dancing is fun and we’ll teach you how.
- No special dress is required. Wear comfortable, casual attire & soft-soled shoes.
- Smoking and/or alcoholic beverages are not allowed at our dances.
- Due to state law, Gainesville Oldtime Dance Society cannot require proof of COVID vaccination, but it strongly recommends that people be vaccinated and boosted before engaging in this close, aerobic, dance activity.
- Masks are strongly encouraged on the dance floor.
- If you have any symptoms of COVID, flu or any other illness, please do not attend the dance.
- We will be happy to see you when you are feeling better.
Hosted by the Gainesville Oldtime Dance Society