Gainesville Contra dances resume this Friday!
At long last, the Gainesville Oldtime Dance Society (G.O.D.S.) plans to resume monthly contra dances on Third Fridays of the month. The decision, taken jointly with Dr. Joe Rush, means that Gainesville and Melrose venues will offer back-to-back contra dances on the third Friday and Saturday of most months.
Initially, the venue will be the Echo Pavilion at Gainesville Health and Fitness Center (see map below).
JoLaine Jones-Pokorney, a national contra caller and Florida favorite, will be calling to the music of Taters in the Sandy Land.
Taters in the Sandy Land is:
- Bill Dudley on guitar
- Rich Crew on fiddle and recorder
- Kathie Aagaard on fiddle
- Wes Maluk on banjo and percussion
COVID Policy for G.O.D.S. events
- This is a Mask-Required Dance.
- Vaccination is optional but strongly encouraged; masks are mandatory.
- If you choose to take your mask down or off, you will be asked by a board member or volunteer to pull it up or to go outside the pavilion.
Friday February 17, 2023 from 7:00 pm to 9:30 pm at Gainesville at Health and Fitness Center (Main Center), Gainesville:
Hosted by the Gainesville Oldtime Dance Society