In This Issue…
- Friday May 19 in Gainesville: Alice Raibourn and Hoggetowne Fancy
- Saturday May 20: Joey Norton and Katie’s Contradiction
- Care to Waltz? Waltz Opportunities at The Dancing Fish
Friday May 19 in Gainesville: Alice Raibourn and Hoggetowne Fancy
The next Gainesville contra dance is Friday May 19th, 7-9:30 pm at the Echo Pavilion of Gainesville Health and Fitness Main Center, 4820 W Newberry Road, Gainesville.
Alice Raibourn is calling to the music of Hoggetowne Fancy (Pete Turner, Bob Reynierson, and JoLaine Jones-Pokorney).
Consider third Fridays as the preludes to third Saturday contra dances at The Dancing Fish. See you on the dance floor!
G.O.D.S. COVID Protocol: Vaccination/Masks are optional but encouraged.
Saturday May 20: Joey Norton and Katie’s Contradiction
Joey Norton of St. Petersburg will be calling contra dances to the music of Katie’s Contradiction on 20 May 2023 from 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm.
Katie’s Contradiction is:
- Pete Sucsy on banjo;
- Eleta Sucsy on penny whistle;
- Gary Zimmerman on fiddle;
- Tim Stevens on guitar; and
- Bill Paine on mandolin.
Make Your Booking Here: Joey Norton and Katie’s Contradiction
- Vaccination is Mandatory — Masks are Optional
- Proof of Vaccination required for all at Dancing Fish events
Care to Waltz?
Ever wanted to learn cross-step waltz? Here’s your chance. No fees. No registration.
Imagine you and your partner figure skating upon the ballroom floor. We call it Cross-Step Waltz.
You have seen couples dancing cross-step waltz variations and you’d like to try it, too. Just arrive an hour or a half-hour or so before evening contra dances. That’s all you need to do. You will:
- Learn what sets cross-step waltz so apart from other waltz forms.
- Easy solo cross-step floor patterns for practice at home or anywhere.
- Dance in fractals, the fundamental repeating patterns of the natural world.
- Improve your posture, balance and vitality—and never get dizzy again.
Need a ride or just want to ride with others? Contact Patrick ‘at’ DancingFish.dance.